Although no website in existence can ever be 100 percent secure, I have taken measures on WeLearnChess to make it highly secure. This security policy outlines the previous and current measures that I have taken to increase security, issues related to purchases, and the action plan in case of a security breach.
Previous and Current Actions
- Prior to any users registering for the site, I had a professional service sweep the site to ensure it was clean.
- I have the site continuously monitored by said service to immediately rectify any potential malware problems.
- I have a second professional service on my main hosting account as a double check for malware.
- I have several security-related installations on the site to minimize risk of bot-related access to the site, spam, and attacks.
- I have taken measures to continuously keep my content-management software, themes, and plugins up to date to minimize potential back-door attacks.
- I have had the site scanned and cleared by McAfee and Trusted Source, global leaders in web security, who have given this website its highest safety classification.
Any purchases of WeLearnChess products or services are processed through internationally respected, leading payment processors, such as PayPal. In this way, your financial information is not transmitted over this site. Although WeLearnChess is secure, I know that the giant payment-processing companies have some of the highest levels of security in the world.
Any purchases of third-party products or services (e.g., a product that I promote and link to) will be processed according to that third party’s payment policies and setup. For instance, if I refer you to a chess DVD that I found interesting and link to a site that sells it (e.g., Amazon, iChess, a chess shop), I have no control over how those third parties process payments. Amazon, for instance, processes its own payments on its site. In general, I will only link to sites that I know, trust, and recommend.
I do not expect a security breach to occur on WeLearnChess given all of the measures that I have taken above. However, in the unlikely event of a security breach, I will take action within one business day of when I become aware of the breach. Specifically, I will:
- post a notice on this page that a breach has occurred and will maintain that notice until the breach is resolved.
- address and resolve the breach as soon as possible, contracting additional professional services if needed.
I may update this page from time to time if the security policy changes.
This page was last updated on April 1, 2016.